Update May 6

We are well arrived at our dxpedition-location.

The first moments told us, it would be a great location if the huge mountain to direction North wasn’t there. We have nice take-of to all directions, except between 320° and 45°. The first evening we discussing the different antenna-locations and start to build the EME-system near the shack where we had some light, also we started to install the radio’s in the shack.

The next morning the problems started………

We found also we don’t have the promised power we need for our full equipment. Only 1 x 10Amps is not enough. The owner of the lodge told us it will be fixed, and after 1 day more it was. The electricity company came over with 3 x 80Amps .  Also the internet-access wasn’t stable enough to use our pre-programmed software to upload each minute.

When we connected our systems to the power, ALL our power supplies of our laptops, one of our laptops, and a K3 died because high voltage. So this isn’t the best start. We lost 1 station before the first CQ… and need to find a solution for our laptops…..

We had also a few issues with our RTTY-software but we should be normally stay on our frequency now.

Now, all our 4 HF-stations are in the air. 1 SSB + 1 CW + 1 RTTY + 1 mixed. All the antenna’s are up from 160m – 6m and the BEV to the North.

We moved the EME-system from the first location to the BEACH, where we have possibility to follow the moon from Horizon-Horizon !!! We have already 70 Q’s in the log on 2m EME, from all over the world. The EME-system works well.

The propagation is not with us. It’s very difficult to work NA, but ASIA came in very well. We have higher noise level on low bands, but it’s doable. Only we have complete NO propagation during a few hours a day. The bands opening in a few seconds, but after a short pile-up is close even fast!

We do the best we can,….